Saturday 2 March 2013

Studio Lighting Examples


Today we were shown examples of images with various kinds of studio lighting. We had to assess the image and draw our own studio lighting set up which we thought the photographer used to create the affect.
Below are the images and my original diagram: 

1

2

 3



 4




5
6






I was then shown the actual studio set up, Ive labelled them the same number as the numbered images they were used on.
                                                                                  1


Ok, so I was pretty close, except my app I used didnt have a beauty dish so I improvised!


2
Again, kinda close but had to improvise with a small soft box and a black reflector as on my stdio set up I had no flash accessories apart from a barn door. Not sure if mine would work?? Will have to try it out in the studio

3
Correct!
4
Close!


5
Bang on, yay! 

6

Again, perfect! I'm learning.

Conclusion:

So, I still have a lot to learn regarding studio lighting and techniques and I think  a lot of my learning can be done with experimentation as we dont always have access to ALL the equipment used in the above results. I have learnt that I can produce the same effect using other accessories too!


Watch this space for some sample of my own work as examples of the above set ups 

Lea x 


1 comment: